The Home Base communicates with the iota using a special long range radio technology. There are a few things a user can do to optimize the quality of the connection between the iota and Home Base. Following these suggestions will give the iota maximal coverage range and battery life:
- Place the Home Base at the highest point possible - If you have multiple floors, put it on the top floor.
- Make sure Home Base is upright at all times (i.e. iota ‘i’ logo upright).
- Place Home Base near a window or external wall that faces the direction with the best line of sight.
- If your window is metal-coated, leave at least 6” of space between the window and Home Base.
- Make sure the iota 'i' logo on the Home Base is facing inside (away from the window).