The Home Base uses GPS to make communication with the iota tracker possible, and help the iota save battery whenever possible. If you are getting the "Trouble Locating Home Base" message, please take the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure the Home Base is upright
- Make sure the logo is facing into the room (away from the window)
- Place the Home Base close to window with a clear view of the sky
- If you have metal-coated windows, try moving the Home Base six inches away from the window
- If you don't have windows, try placing the Home Base close to an outside wall
If you continue to have problems getting your Home Base to get a GPS lock, please do not hesitate to submit a support ticket.